CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

CATCHING UP

Summer is coming to an end and we have had a great time.  We go to Berthusen park every now and then and here are a few cute pics from one of our recent visits.

All the boys always love to go down the slide and it is sad to see Baker left out and Deegan really wanted to take him.  I had to help hold him of course to make sure he was safe but he really loved it.

The other night on bath night, I had just taken Baker out of the bath and Madden was anxious to get in and I kept telling him to hold on a second because I needed to get Baker dressed and I walk out of the room and  I hear a little splash and bam, he jumped in fully clothed, shoes on and all :)  The bath is only a few inches deep b/c Baker has to lay down in the bath so that is how it is safe for him so it wasn't horrible but it was funny and I walk in and he is just laying there like ok mom I am ready for my bath. 
Then comes fair week.   My mom came over when the little ones were down for their nap and then I took Talan and Deegan to the fair.  When Jeromy got off work he joined up with Baker and Madden.  Talan and Deegan loved the rides again and wanted to do every one of them over and over.  When Jeromy came we went to see all the animals.   Baker was actually really watching the pigs and I am always so excited to see him interested in anything so that was so fun to see. 

Talan and Deegan always love to see the tractors and this year Madden really liked them too!

Another day at home Talan and Madden got stung by bees.  Madden got stung once behind the year and once on the mouth.  Here is a sad little picture of his big lip.
Here is a picture of the boys with their cool tattoos.


This weekend we went camping with my parents to the Oak Harbor City Park.   We went their last year too and we love it there!   The boys have so much fun it is great.   There are a bunch of paths for the boys to ride their bikes on, there are a couple shallow pools that they can play in all by themselves, there are a couple of great playgrounds and then of course the ocean where they love to throw logs into.  It was raining, windy and cold our first day there so we were a bit worried but it got better and was just cold off and on.  We still had fun though.    Talan and Deegan turn 5 next weekend so my parents gave them their bday presents early, which were new bikes, so they got a lot of practise on them.  They are bigger (16 inch), they really needed them, there other ones were a bit small.  Madden is still trying to ride their old bikes and if only his legs were just a pinch longer he would be able to do it.   The boys even went swimming one time even though it was freezing.  They had been begging and we kept saying it was too cold but my mom and I ended up taking them one time and they didn't last too long but they splashed around awhile, so at least they can say there were able to go swimming.

Next week Saturday and Sunday the boys will turn 5, yes they were born on different days.  So they are of course excited for that and then the following week they will start preschool.

1 comment:

  1. You are SUCH a busy mom!! I loved all these pictures of your summer! God bless you! Michele (Zylstra) Jansen

    ReplyDelete